Essential Question

What is the most important thing to know in the diagnosis of infectious disease?
Victoria M.
North House
Senior Topic: Infectious Diseases

Monday, May 14, 2012

Service Learning

1) 50 hours- Presentations on Avian Influenza, working in BSL1, organizing presentations, looking over lab reports.
2) Ellen Collisson: 909-469-5291
3) The most important thing I gained from my service learning is talking to my service learner, she provided a lot of insight and a lot information that helped my senior project and answer my EQ. Working for a while in the BSL1 helped me understand what equipment I would be using in the future when I start working in labs. I also experienced to see viral pathogens under an electron microscope.
4) This helped me answer my EQ, because I was able to come up with identifying the pathogen. I identified FIV, using an antigen and antibody test. This helped me understand that identification helps provide a very clear diagnosis.
5)

No comments:

Post a Comment