Essential Question

What is the most important thing to know in the diagnosis of infectious disease?
Victoria M.
North House
Senior Topic: Infectious Diseases

Friday, September 23, 2011

Final Draft Presentation 1

Lesson Plan- Epidemiological Triad

Objective: I want to show people how to identify a disease using the epidemiological triad/circle. Using these three choices that can help lead to a disease, environment, hosts and pathogen. I would like to also show people how knowing two of the choices.

Intro- I will start off by introducing epidemiology and follow with what I am going to do.

Procedure:
  1. I will show my visual, my version of the epidemiological triad, and explain each part.
  2. Following that I will ask the students “ Can you name a well known disease?” and write them down on the board.
  3. I will pick about 1 or 2 diseases from the ones they named. I will draw the epidemiological triad.
  4. I will then ask them, can anyone name where this disease is seen at/in? And if they can I will fill in the environment part.
  5. I will ask in anyone knows the hosts? Then I will follow that with filling in the hosts part.
  6. With that I would of have finished the epidemiological circle, and I will follow with another example of when we use the pathogen circle, and not know the disease.
  7. If time allows it I will add in, when in epidemiology do we use this triad and when we only have a two or one filled in, we can still solve the disease.


Check for Understanding:
    When I am choosing a disease as an example I will choose on people to ask them, what is the environment, pathogen, ect. If they understand, they should know the right answer, if not I will ask someone to help them, since we learn best from our peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment